Monday 1 November 2010

Weekend memories.

Here we are again. Another week, and indeed another month. How did that happen! Hope you had a good weekend. Mine started with a trip to Frome on a sunny Saturday morning to visit The Vintage Bazaar. I was like a child in a sweetshop and never actually got to taking any photos of all the fab stalls as I was too busy looking and investing in the odd Christmas present. I even met Hen from Henhouse, whose blog I love and is a great inspiration of everything gorgeous.

I did manage a little look around Frome, a place we have visited many times on the fringes in a horsebox but have never ventured into and what a wonderful market town, just like market towns should be. Even the little coffee stall in the car park has style.
And of course yesterday was Halloween so what better bread for a Halloween Lunch but 'blood' bread. A wonderful beetroot loaf picked up in a gorgeous little deli/cafe in Frome.

Blood red strawberries to go with ghostly white meringue, following a stuffed pumpkin.

And how better to start another week than an early morning Joe Cocker walk in the New Forest. Shall I, shan't I, he thinks - but he hates getting his pretty little paws wet.

2 comments:

  1. Glad you had a good time at the vintage fair. I've had my early morning jog and just come back from yoga. Now need to get on with house work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Blood bread - my children would love that....and very spooky too.

    ReplyDelete