Wednesday 3 November 2010

All over for a few weeks ......

Well, half term is over, for Mabel that is. Still can't get used to the fact that Rosie has finished school and is on a gap year, working hard with two jobs, saving for travels in the New Year. Happily only a few weeks and Mabel will be breaking up for Christmas. Hate term time with all the stresses of clock watching and the dreaded and over the top amount of homework.

So school run done, Joe Cocker walking in the forest done, and down to work, with the help of a much awaited coffee in my lovely birthday present Emma Bridgewater new design mug - Holly. It will get me in the mood for getting on with Christmas present sewing up .....

And more Christmas present knitting.

A little treat too. My guilty pleasure - magazines! And out today is the December issue of Homes and Antiques. Usually I can't wait for all the December magazines, with their pages of Christmas beauty and inspiration for decorations, food, presents and fashion, but this year will be slightly different - we are away for Christmas and New Year. Down under. Soaking up those rays, eating Christmas lunch by the pool ..... how strange it will be but great fun, spending time in beautiful Sydney with my sister and family. But what to do here - to decorate or not - and to what extent ........
Let's see what this gorgeous magazine has to offer and tempt me with .....

2 comments:

  1. I totally understand your guilty pleasures regarding magazines. I get Home & Antiques, Country Living , Countryfile, Gardeners World and Home Farmer on subscription. I'm just about to subcribe to Good Housekeeping. I do love curling up with a magazine :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh you will have a wonderful but very different Christmas Down Under...how exciting! Personally I wouldn't bother decorating too much...just a few fairy lights and bits and pieces here and there to get in the spirit of Christmas.

    ReplyDelete